Our mission is to build a great place to work. We are a transportation company that hauls more than just paper, to 25 states for a wide variety of customers. Our office staff supports the driver operation by living our two core values: Safety and What Drives You.
We are looking for someone with a strong ability to collaborate with maintenance vendors and develop driver relationships. You will be accountable for $3 million in assets and will be resolving all maintenance issues relating to truck and trailer equipment. You will drive us to success by providing our drivers with quality equipment that is ready to perform.
As an Equipment Manager, you will:
- Schedule preventative maintenance service for tractors and trailers.
- Interface with maintenance vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective repairs.
- Manage emergency breakdowns with vendors and drivers for both tractor and trailer
- Maintain log of all equipment repairs, communicate with corporate office.
- Be available on a rotating 24/7 on call schedule for emergency breakdowns
- Dispose of assets at end of asset life
- Oversee the operation, installation, and upgrades to In-Cab Communication Devices.
- Interact with operations on a daily basis with known issues/concerns.
- Act as a liaison between office and drivers, assist arranging 4-quarterly Driver Business Meetings, distribute registrations, ins. cards, decals as needed.
- Manage repair invoices for discrepancies, accuracy and legitimacy.
- Manage local vendor relationships with integrity
- Interact with customers in regards to equipment needs.
- Perform yard checks on property of available equipment, staged loads, etc.
- Instill a safety culture consistent with our company core values and enforcing company standards/rules regarding safety
Take a look at PTI’s benefits for Equipment Manager and apply today:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer contributions to your Health Savings Account
- Short term disability and long term disability
- 100% company paid life insurance / AD&D
- 401k Retirement Savings with company match
- Profit sharing potential
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Drive Your Wellbeing program (third party nurse partner available at no cost to you for financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing support)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and employee development opportunities