Are you up for a challenge?
We are looking for a strong leader to learn all of the Midwest fleet planning responsibilities. The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations Manager – Midwest Planning, and will assist in the coaching and mentoring of planning associated assigned to the Midwest fleets. You will assist with the management of load and asset optimization for several diverse fleet operations. You will assist with trailer management, utilization goals and work to ensure division profit expectations are met.
Snapshot of Opportunity:
- Backup Planner for multiple diverse fleets (3 – 6 fleets)
- Completion of projects as directed by the Operations Manager – Midwest Fleets
- Backup/Point person in the absence of the Operations Manager – Midwest Fleets
- Assist with the start-up of new business
- Up to 25% of your time will require travel to facilitate start-up operations
- Assist with the coaching and development of other Planning personnel
- Semi-annual reviews of Operations Support personnel
- Adhering to customer requests with delivery expectations
- Managing the freight plan
- Working within the required DOT HOS regulations
- Lane profitability
- Trailer utilization and trailer dwell tracking
Skills Required for Success:
- Decisiveness: Have the ability to put things into perspective, weigh all your options, assess all relevant information and anticipate the consequences, good and bad. Have the ability to know who can help you reach a solution.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/style according to your audience, ability to explain complex issues both internally and externally.
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to efficiently prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude and the initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Teamwork: working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive along with receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution: Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish a rapport with others, know how to be persuasive with the ability to stay calm.
- Computer Expertise: Must be proficient in Microsoft software; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Work lifestyle you will experience:
- Values-based culture: Commitment to Safety and Create a Great Place to Work.
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation, nimbleness, and the drive to succeed.
- Generous work/life balance, family first mindset.
- Decision making from the bottom up not the top down.
- Continual development training to enhance your current skill set both soft and technical.
- Ability to work with others within the company on projects that enhance our work experience.
Education and experience requirements:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of transportation experience
- Leadership experience is preferred
Total rewards package to include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short & Long Term Disability & Company Paid Life Insurance
- HSA compatible medical insurance plan.
- Generous PTO policy and paid holidays
- On-Site health clinic at certain locations free to our employees and tax dependents
- 401k with up to 3% match (after 6 months of employment)
- Bonus potential