Post Date - Sep 20, 2021
We get it - the trucker life can get a little monotonous with long days of driving and downtime at the end of the workday. So, what are the best ways to keep your mind engaged and entertained whether you’re behind the wheel or taking a break? We’ve put together a list of all the things you might need to pass the time on and off the road. The best thing about it is that you can pick whatever works for you or let this list inspire you to find new ways to stay entertained.
While you’re driving
Obviously your primary focus during this time is driving, but many people say that having something to listen to helps keep their minds alert.
- Get an Audible subscription
- Download audiobooks from your local library
- Apple Podcast, Stitcher or another podcast app
- Upgrade to satellite radio, if you haven’t already
- Pandora, Spotify or other music streaming subscription
Health and fitness
Exercising is a great way to spend some of your breaks between driving. Some things you can do without equipment, like hiking or going for a walk, but you might also want to add some portable exercise equipment to your truck too.
- Membership to a gym with multiple location options
- Good pair of running shoes
- Resistance stretch bands
- Adjustable weigh dumbbell set
- Yoga mat
From movies to games, there’s a lot you can access with a little wi-fi help.
- Roku, Firestick or other video streaming device
- Video streaming subscription, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu or Disney+
- Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Video gaming system, such as an Xbox or Playstation
- Laptop or small television
If you don’t already have a hobby, finding one that fits the trucker life can be very fulfilling. These items are small enough for your truck and are great for inspiring new hobbies.
- Musical instrument
- Knitting or crochet needles and yarn
- Portable chess set - great for playing against other drivers!
- Deck of cards for solitaire
- A journal
Bring a Friend
Taking your pet out on the road is also a great option! Pets offer important companionship and entertainment for their human friends. Our pet policy is one of the things our drivers love about working for PTI. Non-daily Class A CDL drivers can bring up to two pets on the road with them at a time. For their safety, we require that they are restrained or kenneled while the truck is in motion. Before you head out on the road, make sure you know what to expect about traveling with your pet. (https://drive4pti.com/blog/pos...)Are you ready to hit the road with PTI? We’re looking for Class A CDL drivers to join our team. Reach out to us today to discover which of our driving opportunities is the perfect fit for you!